CONFERENCE INTERN, SEEP ANNUAL CONFERENCE
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
SEEP is a collaborative learning network. We support strategies that create new and better opportunities for vulnerable populations, especially women, to participate in markets and improve their quality of life. For over 30 years, our members have served as a testing ground for innovative strategies that promote inclusion, develop resilient markets, and enhance the livelihood potential of the worlds’ poor. SEEP members represent a diverse mix of organizations active in 160 countries in Africa, Latin America, Asia, and the Middle East. Members are international and local NGOs, private consulting firms, training and research organizations, and practitioner networks.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The SEEP Network is seeking a highly detail-oriented, organized individual to assist the Member Affairs and Global Communications team with the planning and coordination of the 2018 Annual Conference. The Conference Intern will assist with hotel relations, scholarships, invitational letters, registration tracking, vendor relations, scheduling sessions, website updates and managing 20-30 volunteers for the event taking place in Arlington, Virginia, October 1-3. As this position requires heavy interaction with conference attendees and SEEP members, the ideal candidate will possess strong communication skills, have a multicultural background, and be proactive in identifying and dealing with conference-related issues.
This is a temporary, paid, full-time position, from July 2 to October 31. Office hours are 9-5; however, longer hours can be expected closer to and during the Annual Conference. Compensation: $12/hour.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
The Conference Intern will be successful if s/he assists in:
- Ensuring a successful Annual Conference
- Managing Conference volunteers
- Smooth, timely and accurate hotel relations, scholarships, registration tracking, vendor relations, scheduling, website updates
- Upholding SEEP’s image with members and industry stakeholders
- Assisting with event planning leading up to the conference
- Supporting on-site logistics during the event
- Recruiting, training and managing volunteers
- Managing the Annual Conference mailbox: responding to inquiries regarding registration, learning sessions, scholarships, visa letters, budgeting, hotel reservations
- Maintaining of accurate and up-to-date records and files relating to intern responsibilities: hotel relations, scholarships, invitation letters, registration tracking, vendor relations, session scheduling
- Supporting updates on the website and the conference community app
- Assisting with posts on social media and the online annual conference community app
- Assisting with other day-to-day administrative duties as needed
- University degree in progress; completion preferred
- Highly organized and attentive to detail
- Willing and able to learn quickly
- High degree of familiarity with Microsoft Suite, particularly Excel and Outlook
- Able to manage competing priorities, multiple tasks and short deadlines
- Demonstrated event planning and logistical experience
- Experience with online registration systems and collaborative platforms
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Experience dealing with diverse constituencies in a global context and a high level of professional diplomacy
- Foreign language skills (Spanish, French) are a plus
- U.S. Citizenship, lawful permanent residency, or otherwise authorized to work in the U.S.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Conference Intern: SEEP Annual Conference” by May 1. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and an early application is strongly encouraged.
Only applicants that are selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.